Agricultural Asset Manager
UBS Farmland Investors LLCLodi, CAAgricultural Asset Manager
United States – California
Job Reference # – 213001BR
City – Lodi, San Francisco
Job Type – Full Time
Your role :
Do you have a strong interest in agricultural investments? Are you a detailed-oriented multitasker?
We are looking for an Agricultural Asset Manager to:
Analyze agricultural investment opportunities:
– Gathering preliminary data including: Soil, FSA, topo and flood maps and aerial photos; Property Profile data and APN maps; Production records, cultural costs, irrigation data
– Research comparable sales and rents.
– Preparing Letter of Intent.
– Preparing Property Registration Forms.
– Completing Outline for Acquisition Recommendation with related exhibits and present for approval to Investment Committee.
– Negotiate purchase and lease agreements.
– Overseeing the completion of all due-diligence activities including the appraisal, ALTA survey, Phase I environmental survey, review of title reports and exceptions, platting of legal description, working with local counsel, consultants, etc.
– Closing purchase transactions including funding requests, etc.
– Traveling to and inspecting potential acquisitions and tenants as part of the due diligence process.
– Negotiating and documenting lease renewals.
– Developing and refining annual operating budgets for each property.
– Analyzing and formulating recommendations for capital projects.
– Monitoring timely receipt of lease payments.
– Track and input real estate taxes; make sure real-estate taxes are paid in a timely manner.
– Making sure insurance certificates are current.
– Making sure annual crop plans and yield reports are received from tenants.
– Making sure copies of all annual FSA reports and forms are received from tenants.
– Making sure all required well and waste water reports and enrollments are current.
– Preparing Deposit or Check Request Forms.
– Preparing Williamson Act questionnaire forms.
– Maintaining Calendar in Outlook of Action or Follow-Up Items.
– Obtaining appraisal bids, preparing appraiser engagement letters and reviewing/filing appraisal reports.
– Traveling to existing properties to meet with tenants and monitor adherence to lease terms.
– Completing and documenting quarterly property inspections and inspection reports.
– Completing quarterly Field Office Reports.
– Completing annual hold/sell recommendations for each property.
Other or General Items:
– Analyzing and reviewing other transactions outside of the Western Region as part of the Investment Committee.
– Stay abreast of general market conditions, water conditions, land value trends and specific commodity forecasts in the Region.
– Participate in ASFMRA and/or industry meetings or seminars.
– Pursuing and obtaining or maintaining existing appraisal/farm management certification and designations from ASFMRA. This requires taking ASFMRA or other courses for accreditation or continuing education purposes.
– Planning tours or shareholder/Board of Directors meetings on an as needed basis.
– Negotiating office lease and interacting with landlord, as needed.
– Completing general office tasks including filing, maintaining office supplies, processing UPS shipments, preparing and submitting monthly expense reports, etc.
Your team :
You will be a member of the Lodi, California, Farmland Asset Management group.
Your expertise :
– BS or BA degree, Agricultural Business or Economics preferred Additional emphasis in finance and/or appraisal is a plus
– strong analytical skills
– effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to present strategy, recommendations, and decisions in a well-reasoned, well documented manner
– time management/organizational skills including ability to prioritize work in order to consistently meet deadlines
– team building – ability to develop open, constructive relationships with others, including peers, property level personnel and clients
– people management and ability to effectively manage internal and external resources
– strong negotiation skills
– strong financial analysis skills with an emphasis on accuracy and thoroughness
– eager to advocate change to achieve core objectives in most efficient and effective manner
– proficiency in Word and Excel