Taught by Peter Christensen – a California lawyer whose legal work is focused ` valuation services, this course takes a fresh approach to BREA’s required course on federal and California laws and regulations. It offers real world situations and examples to illustrate the laws covered in the course – by, for example, discussing emails offered as evidence in a real case to show alleged violations of appraiser independence requirements. This course also covers important laws relevant to appraising that are missed in other courses – such as the Gramm Leach Bliley Act, RESPA prohibitions relating to appraisal fees, and fair housing laws, including California’s newly enacted appraisal protections.
4 hours CE approved with ASFMRA and BREA.
Instructor: Peter Christensen, Christensen Law
Fees: $85 Members / $100 Non-Members
- The course provider is the California Chapter, ASFMRA in conjunction with Valuation Education LLC (operated by Peter Christensen).
- The class will be presented live in a Zoom meeting.
- All students must participate by having working video and audio on a computer (this is a requirement for virtual CE presentations). Watching on a phone is not sufficient.
- After you register, you receive information on how to log into Zoom for the class.
- Plan on joining a class 15 minutes before the actual teaching start time to ensure that you can login to the Zoom meeting.
- Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel before the class begins, please advise the California Chapter via email at email@example.com. There will be a $10.00 administrative cancellation fee. If you run into a technical issue, you will receive a full refund.