Licensed Agricultural Real Estate Appraiser
Peoples Company – California
Peoples Company, a leading national Agricultural Real Estate services provider, is seeking an experienced Certified General Appraiser to execute appraisals of agricultural assets throughout California and beyond. Candidate strengths should include strong analytical, task management, and communication skills; attention to detail; desire to learn; and a proactive and positive attitude.
This role will focus on providing appraisal services for agricultural assets throughout California’s main farming areas and may include work in Arizona and the Pacific Northwest. Assignments will include annual valuations for institutional investors (full and restricted appraisals), lender and single-asset appraisals, appraisal reviews, and consulting services.
The role will be an excellent opportunity for candidates to expand their skill set and knowledge base while working for a growing company that is well-positioned in an extremely attractive niche of the real estate market.
• Efficient preparation of accurate appraisal reports delivered on-time
• Bidding and responding to RFPs
• Populate proprietary sale comparable database
• Assist with new client business development efforts
• Manage appraisal job tracking and payment systems from bidding through completion and payment
• Foster strong client relationships by interacting with clients and all other stakeholders in a professional manner
• Collaborate with company’s brokers and cross-sell other service lines
• Maintain confidentiality of client information and proprietary Peoples Company systems
• Contribute to white papers, market update reports, and other documents
• Participate in our internal Quality Control review process
• Bachelor’s Degree
• California Certified General appraisal license in good standing
• Five or more years of appraisal experience
• Affiliation with American Society of Farm Managers & Rural Appraisers (ASFMRA) and/or Appraisal Institute
• Ability to travel thought the region for appraisal engagements
• Have obtained or be working toward professional designations (Appraisal Institute or ASFMRA)
• Advanced Excel and Word skills and proficiency with other Microsoft Office tools
• Strong analytical and research skills
• Proficiency with GIS mapping programs and other web-based applications
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Mindset for driving efficiency and innovation through the use of technology
• Detail-oriented, with initiative and ability to prioritize tasks and remain organized while executing and managing multiple projects with deadlines simultaneously
• Professional, customer service-oriented, positive attitude
• Ability to take and give constructive feedback
• Can work effectively on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision
To apply for this position, please email PacWestJobs@peoplescompany.com.